Thursday, October 16, 2008

Quarterly Updates

So I've now realized that monthly posts may be a little ambitious! For now, I'm going to shoot for quarterly posts. Something's better than nothing I s'pose...

I can't say that we've had too much excitement in the past few months, but a few things come to mind. Jace is getting so grown up! I don't know where this year went. He now has his two bottom teeth, they are super cute! He also started crawling, and he is into EVERYTHING!!! He is one busy boy. We are also working on solid foods, but he is only interested if he can have the spoon himself. That makes for lots of messes followed by lots of baths. He has so much personality and the most expressive eyebrows I've ever seen. He also loves to jabber, giggle, and get his groove on.

Here are a few pics of him:

Shayn is also getting very grown up. He is doing really well in school and has made strides with his reading. He is actually starting to enjoy it a little bit...it's no longer a fight! On occasion, I'll even catch him reading on his own. He is also writing very well. We're very proud of him!

Soon after school started, he was having some mouth pain, which was affecting his sleep and schooling. We ended up taking him to a Pediatric Dentist, and he got a few fillings and one tooth pulled. OUCH!! He was such a trooper...the tooth fairy took good care of him! We tried to clarify that when they fall out on their own, the reward may not be so good. We'll see how that goes.

Shayn also learned to ride his bike without training wheels recently. Go Shayn! After the 2nd or 3rd day, he broke one of the pedals off...we may have to revisit his lessons next Summer! His bike is possibly repairable, but it would cost more than the bike is worth.



No comments: